A.k.a. Five Compelling Reasons Why I Must Be a Part of SEAIR’s Batanes Winter Bloggers’ Tour
- I am a big fan of Pacita Abad’s work. While she had spent most of her adult life abroad, Batanes was a big part of her formative years; I’d like to see first hand the raw beauty of the Batanes landscape, which has inspired countless artists and free spirits like this formidable, spirited woman.
Everybody Loves Circles, by Pacita Abad. From http://www.pacitaabad.com
- I am an aspiring photographer, and picturesque Batanes would definitely be a fantastic subject, from its rolling hills to its wind swept beaches and rustic stone homes. Batanes is where people have learned to live in synch with the forces of nature; not against them. I would like to experience that Batanes through my lens, and share what I have seen with the world at large.
- I have a web of expat Filipino friends based in different parts of the globe, and I would like them to be reminded, through my Batanes experience, that no matter where they are in the world, there is no place like the Philippines, there is no place like home.
- Should I be considered to be a part of this tour, it would be my first time to travel via SEAIR, and hopefully, this would be the beginning of many happy, unforgettable travels aboard this air carrier.
- Because at the end of the day, I believe that life is too short to be an arm chair traveler. One has to actually be there to live, see, feel, and taste the real thing, and be transformed by the experience, as every journey should. And I’m more than ready for Batanes to change me.